Wednesday, February 9, 2011

EK-0205 Part 5.2: Painting the Detail

So, my buddy is a master at painting miniatures, and his recommendation was to use basic acrylic craft paint for all of the black detail work.  This would, as Jason said, keep my theme of "plastic action figure" going since the paint looks very similar to old school Kenner Star Wars figures.

I think it is turning out well.  I am going to do the helmet and face detail work on my lunch break today.

I am toying around with another color (even Bespin Luke Skywalker had more than two colors...) but I am not sure where or what to use...

I am open to suggestions.

EK-0205, with a noticeable body suit!

2 comments:

  1. She's looking great!!! You could paint her to be apart of Vader's 501. http://images.toywizard.net/0001/sideshow-501st-legion-clone-trooper-4.jpg


    But personally I'm more partial to red like the first one on this page.
    http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Starstore_Catalogue_STAR_WARS_12_INCH_FIGURES_BY_SIDESHOW_COLLECTIBLES_6407.html

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lesley!

    She actually has a badge on her back armor. EK is not supposed to be an actual stormtrooper, but a Con Girl that got lost at

    - oh, say, The Back Hallways Of DragonCon or something -

    and when you see how she is based...

    Well I think it's hysterical.

    ReplyDelete