Thursday, February 17, 2011

EK-0205 Part 6.2: The Base May As Well Be Another Sculpture

Eureka!

Finally, after tonight's clear-coat application and 24 hour curing, EK-0205 will become a World Traveler as she is an avatar of one anyway...

I am a little sad, because I have spent many an hour literally "watching the paint dry" (or resin cure, or silicone cure, or ....) and admiring my handy work.  I am quite proud of the way that she turned out, for someone that hasn't sculpted seriously since before my 12 year old son was born.

I am going to seriously miss this piece.

So, EK-0205, I will enjoy these last hours of you being a work-in-progress, but I will soon say goodbye as you journey off to your intended purpose.  You were born to elicit a smiles and I know that you are anxious to do so...






Sniff.


Daddy is so proud...

1 comment:

  1. What I want to know is what anyone thinks about this: Is the Dianoga a pet or a menace?

    Of course, I know what I was thinking when I sculpted it - but what does it look like to you guys?

    ReplyDelete