Friday, May 13, 2011

The Weird Questions Random People Ask You When You Have A Headless Ewok In Your Hand:

 Q: What, if anything, inspires your art/what the fuck is that, a headless Teddy Ruxpin???

A:

 'Love', above all else.

It is no secret to anyone, save the people enthralled in its grip, that love is the one thing above all else that inspires the Creative to be themselves.

I think that Shakespeare wrote an entire library (or close to it) of plays on the subject of unrequited love, so there is worse company that one could keep.

Mind you, I am not saying that 'romance' inspires me to create, and I am not saying that being ‘in love’ necessarily has EVER the subject of my works. Not hardly; unrequited love is not very romantic, and I am not the sort to create ‘mushy-mushy, frou-frou’ works of art. I lean more along the lines of 'R2-D2 vs Godzilla.'

Love is the basis of all of my art. And, no, it is a headless Ewok, you idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment